Taunton Strategic Advisory Board (TSAB) Would like to hear from individuals who wish to apply for the vacant Chair-person role
We are ambitious for the future of Taunton, with a comprehensive programme of developments planned. This includes upgrades to infrastructure, new space for business and innovation, new communities and green spaces and plans to further enhance the town centre. This ambition and approach recently saw Taunton awarded the prestigious Garden Town status, the first town in the South West.
The Board’s membership of senior stakeholders from the public, private and voluntary sectors reflects it role in shaping the overall economic, social and environmental wellbeing of Taunton. The purpose of the TSAB is to collectively shape Taunton’s long-term development and success as a growing, sustainable, healthy and prosperous Garden Town for current and future generations.
In this capacity, the Board’s interests will be on supporting the realisation of the vision for Taunton, and strategic matters covering inter-related themes such as:
- Delivery of housing, employment and economic growth
- Major infrastructure & regeneration schemes
- The quality of the environment, social, health & cultural issues
- Skills, education and lifelong learning
- Innovative solutions through design and new digital technology
A Growth Prospectus for Taunton – ‘Growing our Garden Town’ – has recently been published. This document provides a ‘refreshed’ growth vision and sets out our commitments as a recently designated Garden Town, so that this can be communicated clearly to Government and others whose support is essential to delivery.
It is also intended to ‘re-galvanise’ our key partners, most of whom we are already working closely with to deliver our growth ambitions. The document sets a wide-ranging agenda for Taunton as a newly designated Garden Town, encompassing economic, social and environmental dimensions. Full Terms of Reference for the Board can be found here: Terms of Reference
To view the document and read more about the vision, please visit our new investment website: https://www.investtaunton.co.uk/the-vision/
The ideal candidate must be:
- Passionate about the future of Taunton
- An independent and effective Chair-person – experienced in working with senior representatives of a range of diverse stakeholder groups and partner organisations
- Able to inspire and support the Board to effectively fulfil the roles and responsibilities, and ensure the group remains focussed on its overall purpose.
The Board typically meets four times a year, for approximately two hours. It is anticipated that the chair will be prepared to perform the role for up to five years.
Timeline & process:
To register your interest in this vacancy, please:
- Provide by e-mail a copy of your resume with a covering Expression of Interest letter by 31 August 2018 to Dan Webb at TDBC: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your Expression of Interest letter should outline the following:
- What qualities, experience / skills you would bring to the role of Chair of the Taunton Strategic Advisory Board, if appointed
- A brief description of your association with Taunton and your relevant business connections
- Please clearly indicate where you see you can inspire and lead the Board and its agenda to shape Taunton’s long-term development and success as a growing, sustainable, healthy and prosperous Garden Town for current and future generations
- A small panel comprising TDBC, plus two other members of the Advisory Board, will consider expressions of interest, hold interviews and decide on the most suitable candidate.
- The aim is to recruit the new chair over the summer period.
Should you have any queries or wish to have an informal chat about the TSAB, please contact Dan Webb on 01823 219457, or e-mail email@example.com